Monday, June 25, 2018

June 23, 2018

It was Zhaun-Paul's 20th birthday on June 24, 2018

Hey Mom!

I know!  Crazy.  I won't even be a teenager anymore.  
THANK YOU SO MUCH!  Those little gifts have been so incredibly thoughtful!  I have felt loved this week!!

That's so cool that you took Elder Botta out to dinner!  He is a good man. Did he tell you that his cousin is going to be in this mission?  He was in the London South, but in like 8 days he will be in the ELM (best mission ever.)  So I wonder if it will give me flashbacks of my time with the other Elder Botta!  Haha!

I can't believe that Maddie is moving out!  That's wild!  She won't even be living at home when I get back!!  That's so weird to think!  You are losing kids at home quick!  

Anyways!  Our friend Hannah got baptised on Sunday!  It was amazing!  The service was great and the Spirit was there so strong!  She is becoming a member of Jesus Christ's true church on my birthday!  Doesn't get any better than that!  Our friend Katie is also doing incredible!  She went on Holiday to a little Island off the coast of Portugal for a week, but there is an LDS chapel there and she went and is just so solid!!  We are so blessed to be teaching some of the most incredible people I have ever met.  I know that God truly does prepare His children to receive His Gospel.  

This last week was... actually pretty crazy.  On Tuesday we went on exchange.  I went with Elder Heidt.  He is hilarious.  From Idaho. He was actually in my district exactly a year ago when we were in Romford together.  Good memories.  Great day!

Then we spend Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and most of today working on transfers.  That is where we go to President Stevens flat and pray that we can put each missionary where they are meant to be with the companion they are meant to be with.  We look at a gigantic whiteboard that has a little picture of each missionary.  We then counsel together about what they need and where they would be best.  It has truly been an amazing experience.  You can truly see the Lord's hand in the details.  It's not easy though.  The Stevens said that this was the hardest transfer they have ever done, because for some, they were not just moving areas, but moving from one mission to another.  Any time we put an Elder or Sister in the Norwich or Northampton Zones we were sad that we would lose them, but excited for the incredible opportunities that await them with new areas and people they would have never otherwise seen or met.  Sometimes we would just spend HOURS trying to place one missionary who is struggling.  The Stevens love each missionary in such an amazing way.  My love for each of them has grown as we labor over each missionary, one by one.  

My companion and I are doing great.  More and more I am just amazed by Elder O'Hare.  He is an amazing person.  I learn so much from him.  It hasn't always been easy, but it has been great.  We will be in a trio again on Tuesday.  Elder Aguiar has been an assistant to President Gubbler in the London South Mission for 9 MONTHS!  He will be joining our companionship to help merge these great missions together.  So exciting!  He is from Canada and I have only heard amazing things about him.  He will be my second Canadian companion.  I can't believe that in 6 days, the Stevens will leave.  I am excited to meet President and Sister Checkitts.  I know that they are called here for a reason!  I can't wait to serve them and assist them in the coming week!  Change is so prevalent here!  

I would love it if you sent me that video (me opening my call!)  It feels like last week!  Time goes by way too fast mom!!  I can't believe it.  I feel like I have grown so much on my mission.  I can't wait to see if when I get home you can see a difference.  I sure hope so!  I still have so much to learn!  I can't believe I have limited time to learn everything I want to on my mission!!  Crazy!

I love the Book of Mormon.  I have come to love the way I feel when I not only read it, but ponder what is there and try to apply it to my life.  Quite a few times this week I have been struck by a verse in such a way that I just stop and cry.  Mormon and Moroni went through so much so that we could have the Book of Mormon today.  I'm grateful for them.  I'm grateful for Joseph Smith as well!  He sacrificed so much for the same cause.  I read this quote by him this week  “I have always had the satisfaction of seeing the truth triumph over error, and darkness give way before light.”  It gave me chills when I read it.  To think of all he went through and to say that... amazing.  I know that he was a prophet of God.  Through him Jesus Christ restored his church.  I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the way to find peace in this life, and eternal life in the worlds to come.  

I hope that you have an amazing week!

Elder Draper











No comments:

Post a Comment