Saturday, June 16, 2018

May 26, 2018

Hey Mom!

Sounds like good things are happening at home! I am so grateful for your great example of study and prayer!  Sounds like you are doing great!

I can't believe I'm almost not a teenager!  I feel like just yesterday I was 18.  2 years goes by so fast.  I remember being young and thinking that an hour was a long time!  Now they just FLY by!  Fun to think that pretty soon you will have been a Mom for 20 years!  Maybe being 20 will feel real to me when it actually comes, but as of right now, I feel like 18 haha!  

This week has been pretty amazing. The highlights were definitely interviews with President and Sister Stevens, exchanges, and the great people we are teaching. On Wednesday, I got to go with Elders Egger and Oliveira. They are both great missionaries.  Elder Egger (from Austria) was my companion 6 transfers ago, so it was great to spend the day with him!  We will definitely have to go and visit him in Austria sometime.  Not too far from Italy you know ;)  We taught our friend Stacy about the Law of Chastity and she loved it.  She is so smart!  She linked the worlds standards plummeting to people getting farther and farther away from what actually makes people happy.  She is so cool!

On Thursday, I got to go with Elder Hathaway. We had a day full of miracles! We were trying to get to the South Kensington tube station for AGES, but never really made it! We were just meeting so many interested people! Even found someone inside the tube station! We found loads of new investigators and were able to teach our friend Katie who is on date.  She has a catholic background, but doesn't actively believe in God.  We taught her the restoration and she loved it.  Had loads of questions, but did love it.  After the lesson, she stayed for institute dinner and then stayed for institute!  The class was on the book of revelations, so she said she didn't understand much, but she still had a great time!

Stacy, Katie, and Hannah are our shining stars progressing towards baptism. All three of them are amazing and prepared! Elder O'Hare and I are just so grateful to be teaching such amazing people! Hannah knew about the Law of Tithing before we even taught it to her and is excited to live it! Stacy is going with the Britannia ward to a camping activity at the London temple on June 1st! Amazing!  This really is the Lords work!  

Elder O'Hare and I have been more unified this week than ever before.  I feel like my mission is forcing (helping) me to learn how to communicate with people even when it is hard.  That is something I think I have really struggled with.  Elder O'Hare is really and incredible man.  I'm lucky to be serving with him.  His dad works for "Forever Living" Do you know what that is?  It reminds me of some of the companies you used to work for.  Maybe it was "Forever Green" or something like that.

Potential.  
I know that we are each children of the Most High.  I've been thinking a lot about what that means to me personally. I know that we all have devine potential.  One of my biggest fears in life is living below my potential.  I'm grateful for my patriarchal blessing that helps me understand my unique gifts and talents.  I'm grateful for my Saviour, who makes it possible for me to change, improve, and achieve my potential.  I know He lives!  

I love you so much Mom!  Have an absolutely amazing week!  

Elder Draper





No comments:

Post a Comment