Saturday, June 16, 2018

April 28, 2018

Hey Mom!

Wow!  What a crazy week it has been!  I've made some great ol' memories these last few days! These are days that I will never forget.

We had back to back to BACK exchanges this week!  First, I travelled out to Ilford (or more commonly referred to as Ilfordstan... due to the high Muslim population) to go on exchange with a young companionship there.  Elder Grush from Idaho and Elder Dean from Denmark.  It was awesome!  They are both great missionaries and we had a great day.  We found this really cool girl who came in for a chapel tour off the street and we taught her all about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  She was crying by the end if the lesson and wanted ti learn more about the Restoration and what we teach.  So cool! It's kind of funny how younger missionaries great you!  

Then I got to go on exchange with the Zone Leaders from Canterbury.  The highlight if that day was definitely teaching María frim Peru!  She is so cool!  She is a model for Mercedes Benz and did that weird South American kiss-on-the-cheek kind if thing and it was pretty weird... the good thing is the members LOVE her!  They invited her to institute dinner the next day and she came and loved it. She loved the Book of Mormon and is really sincere!

Then, I got the amazing opportunity to go on exchange with my MTC companion (Elder Porter)  who is also my Zone Leader here in Hyde Park.  It was an amazing day.  The highlight was finding in Holborn when we found some REALLY cool people.  One nice lady from Brazil,  and a jew who had read the whole Book of Mormon and even quoted 1 Nephi 3:7 to US on the street.   I thought it was a member playing jokes in us, but it wasn't! She's coming to church tomorrow as well.  The other very best part of the day with Elder Porter was teaching Stacy! Wow!  Stacy is amazing!  She asked the most amazing questions and is SO sincere.  She is studying law, which makes her super smart.  She's also from China, which is awesome!  She said she always felt drawn to Christianity, but no one ever taught her about how to follow it.  We taught her about baptism and she said "yah!  I would love that!" And accepted to be baptised on May 20th!  So cool!  That means she will get confirmed a member on Dads birthday if all goes well!  She stayed at the church for 4 1/2 hours!  From our lesson, to mingling with a member from China,  to institute dinner... It was amazing!  The members LOVE her too!  I love the Britannia ward!

Friday was 3 Weeks meeting, where we got to be with all the new missionaries and their trainers.  It was incredible to see how much they have grown and changed in such a short amount of time.  I'm so grateful for my mission.  I know that it has helped me to change so much.  I really felt like it has been here in England where I have really come to KNOW my Saviour.  To apply his Atonement to my life.  I love this work with all my heart.  It brings me so much joy.

I love being so close with President Stevens and Sister Stevens.  We had some great times and some really hard times this week.  We had to plan 2 emergency transfers, which are no fun for everyone, and it's in those kind of moments when I have seen just how much President Stevens relies in the Lord.  He is a great example to me.  He never sleeps!  I don't know how he does it! 

Today we did that kind of stuff and went hard on preparing for MLC.  We were in the office preparing for pretty much all day.  All we had time to do was get groceries and now send a few quick emails.  Crazy.  I love it.

Well, I really hope all is going well.  I'm praying for you! Thinking of you! You all make me so proud!  

Have an amazing week!

Love, 

Elder Draper




No comments:

Post a Comment