Wednesday, April 25, 2018

March 26, 2018

Hey Beloved Family!  

Wow!  Thank you so much for all of your letters!  Plus, it was way cool to hear Maddie’s Sacrament Talk!  You KILLED it Maddie!  So proud!  Sydney!  Your presentation sounds amazing!  I learned facts about England I didn’t know and I have LIVED here for over a year!!  That’s amazing!  JD... your backflip skills and smoking hot cleats are both legendary.  P.S.  ASK SOMEONE, ;) 

To answer  a few questions,
YES,  I did have that interview Dad... I swear I write you about it!  It was great!  Spiritual and amazing.  

No!  No crashes!  actually right now I am the 'designated driver' so you can picture me just cruising around all of the many roundabouts in Norwich!  

I am quite frequently astounded by how quickly time goes.  This coming week is the last week of this transfer.  I can't believe it!  

On Tuesday, I had the chance to go on Exchange with Elder Amado.  He is so great!  He is from the Philippines.  It was so fun to be with him and learn from him for the day!  We had some great moments of simple teaching and testimony on the street and in the lessons we had.  Then his companion from Singapore taught us how to play Chines Checkers after we all got back to the flat.  It was a great day!

I \also got to go on exchange with Elder O'Hare this week.  I have heard amazing things about them my entire mission, but never once had the opportunity to serve around him.  He is incredible.  I'm glad we have such amazing leaders to help us grow.  We had a few great teaching opportunities (planned and unplanned) and it was great to be back in the blessed land of Britannia!  Some of my fondest memories are from my time in Britannia.

Our friends (investigators) are doing great... BUT they are all leaving Norwich for Easter break!  That makes it a bit tricky to teach them.  I'm grateful for the technology that allows us to keep in touch and help them grow their faith even when they are in Paris!  We are even getting smart phones this week.  I think it's the Samsung A5.  It is going to be so weird to have one of those... 'things' again.  I kind of like the bricks we use now.  

We have also had amazing opportunities to build relations with the wonderful Norwich Ward.  I love the members here in Norwich.  We got invited to do a missionary activity with the youth, and we are planning a missionary fireside with the Bishop and our Ward Mission Leader.  Plus, we've got a Stake-Wide fast going to be on April 8th.  Great things coming!!  The work is hastening here in Norwich! 

Don't you just love it when a word, a quote, or a phrase just really impact you.  Sometimes it comes from where you least expect it.  I have had quite a few of those this week.  One of them was "Today's 100% is only tomorrow's 99%"  I really know that we should be progressing each day.  That we can't hold yourself accountable to what was our best a year or a month ago.  That really makes me feel a sense of urgency.  I love my mission because it helps me to change for the better.  To be better tomorrow than we were today.  Progression is awesome.

Another one of those "moments" was when I read a letter from my Mission President (President Stevens) this morning.  He spoke about how around Easter time, many people go on a sort of pilgrimage.  How that helps them change and come closer to God.  Then he related it to our missions.  There is no better pilgrimage than to where the Lord has personally assigned me to serve.  I know that is true.  I love England so much.  A mission can be a time of incredible growth.  I know that it has been for me.  I have changed so much!  In a good way.  I'm grateful for an amazing mission president.  He and Sister Stevens are so Christlike.  They have played a big impact on who I have become over that last year and a bit.  

I know that putting our complete trust in the Lord is the way to find joy here in this life.  I know that He is at the helm.  One of my favourite members (Brother Will Barber) in the Norwich Ward put it so well.  He said " I have questions, everyone does.  I'm grateful that 'Does the Lord love me' and 'Do I matter to Him' are not one of them."  I know that my Redeemer lives.  Joy is what that brings to me.  I love being able to spread that around to the people here in Norfolk.  As we put our trust in the Lord it will always work out in the end.

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful support!  

Well, I sure love you!  I hope that you have an amazing week!  

Elder Draper

P.S.  sorry for only doing 1 good email this week... it’s sort of to everyone!  
PDay rushing yet again!













No comments:

Post a Comment