Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April 2, 2018 - Leaving Norwich

Hey Mom!  

Wow!  That. Looks. So. Fun!  The family having a grand time at the Grand Canyon!  Makes my heart swell with joy!  Maddie makes me laugh too!  Haha!  

Wow!  Conference has been AMAZING!  I haven’t had a chance to watch the Sunday afternoon session (because of the time difference, it starts at 9 and ends at 11... past missionary bed times)  Solemn Assembly was amazing.  I love President Nelson and it was a great time to really feel for myself that he truly is the Lords prophet on the Earth today!  He is amazing.  I’m excited about the changes as well!  The Lord really is Hastening his work and revealing things to his new prophet.  I love that the bridge between heaven and earth is not jammed.  That we are still led by Jesus Christ today.  It’s amazing.  

I haven’t hear President Uchdorfs Talk yet, but he is always incredible.  I loved so many.  I loved the one about failure, and Elder Bernard Talk was great too.  Feeling enlightened for sure!  During the Sunday Morning session... (5:00 for us) we brought one of our Investigators from China called Judy.  Her English is good, but in General Conference people use really BIG words!  So after, we were talking with her and she said "I couldn’t understand all the words... but I felt... warm, like light when they were talking."  She had felt the spirit.  It was such a tender moment and she looked down at the Book of Mormon we gave her and said "I just want to read this Book!"  That was a huge testimony builder.  I know that this gospel is real.  It is amazing to be a part of.  

So!  Transfers are here and I have been called away from the blessed land of Norwich.  Saying goodbye to that ward was HARD.  Bishop Carruthers and his wife were the hardest to say goodbye to.  They said I was like a son leaving!  4 1/2 months there.  That’s enough time to really come to love people.  Saying goodbye to the Investigators and Members I have come to love was pretty rough.  

I am now serving in the Britannia YSA ward... (again). I served in this ward a year ago!  Now I get to come back!  Im so excited.  I will be in a trio (having 2 companions) Elder Sharp and Elder O'Hare.  They are both incredible missionaries and I have looked up to them a lot.  So serving with them will be incredible.  There are great things ahead and I’m excited to be living in the big City again.  The work is hastening and I’m so grateful to be a part of it.  On April 12th, the President Nelson and Elder Holland are coming to visit our mission.  How wonderful is that??  I can not contain my excitement!  I can’t wait!  

Also, I wanted to let you know that I will pray for Purify with all the energy of heart!  Glad to hear there are still great things happening there.  

I love you so much Mom!  

Have a wonderful week!  

ALSO! THIS IS IMPORTANT!  My PDays will no longer be on Monday.  So don’t get anxious when there is no response in Monday’s.  For now my PDays will be every Saturday.  

Alright, glad I didn’t forget to let you know.  
Love you!  

Elder Draper 

1.  Judy (she is amazing!)
2. Elder Jeronimo sleeping through personal Study on an exchange.  
3.  Same
4.  Sister Carruthers
5.  Elder Menezes is going home, so that was his mission 'funeral'





No comments:

Post a Comment