Wednesday, April 25, 2018

March 19, 2018

Hiya Mom!

Wow!  I can't believe that you will graduate in just 3 weeks!  That's crazy!  I know what you are talking about with that exhausted feeling!  It seems like that has become a part of my life.  I have come to love it though.  I want to go through my mission knowing that I gave it every ounce of energy I possibly could.  That I held nothing back.  Not even a drop.  That kind of tired is satisfying.  When you can feel great about how you have served throughout the day.  It sounds like it was quite a good week back there!  From the sound of it Maddie is really enjoying golf and boys.  JD is loving track and especially Frisbee (can't blame him, I have been converting all my companions to love Frisbee!  It's the best!) but seems to be having less of a good time with girls.  Sydney loves her little turtle with all her heart.  Which is just adorable.  I'm so grateful for how amazing Purify is doing.  I am going to repent and start praying more frequently for that wonderful business!  I love hearing that it is doing so well!  So many exciting things!    

This week had an amazing start to it. That amazing start was interviews with President and Sister Stevens! This was one of the best mission meetings I have ever experienced. Having a spiritual boost right of the bat really sets up the week to be incredible! Our meeting together as a Zone was very special. It was simple, it wasn't overly long, but it really did have the spirit. I felt it there so strong. There was just tangible excitement and unity there that transitioned into the entire week! This really was an incredible week for the Norwich Zone! 

We were able to feel that excitement and have that hope in our own area! I feel the highlight was meeting with our friend Crystal from China. She is amazing. At the beginning of the transfer, she expressed to us that she felt like she didn't have enough faith. That she literally felt nothing when she prayed. Well, we focused on sincerity and we have seen her faith just blossom! Reading and explaining Alma 32 really helped with that. We encouraged her to just talk to God like He is her best friend. She looked surprised and said "What? I can talk to God like that??" Since then she has expressed feeling a real difference when she prays. Feeling actual peace. Now, she is working steadily towards baptism in April! That really is amazing to me. I know that God hears and answers every sincere prayer. That hope that he will answer us, in His way and in His timing is just exciting. 

We also spent a majourity of our week living what is taught in Mosiah 2:17!  We got to help loads of different members of the Nowich Ward this week.  We helped Brother Will Barber (my favourite member) strip wallpaper off of his new house!  It felt like the good ol' days of my childhood going to work with Dad!  haha.  We also took apart some desks and organised a shed for the Harper family.  (they are American)  Then lastly, we volunteered with Brother Bob Barber to go help another church clear weeds and debris from their parking lot.  We showed up and just fought back a jungle!  It was awesome!  Then they took us to their little church hall and gave us soup!  It was awesome.  Here in England it is so sad to see that the county is becoming more and more secular.  When old religious English people see us "youngsters" being so passionate about our beliefs it just blows them away.  That is the power of restored truth.  When all the other Christian faiths are dwindling, the Church continues to grow.  Amazing.

Elder McMurray and I have really been working well together. We have been enjoying serving together. He is an amazing missionary. I really am blessed to get to learn from him. He is SO good at analyzing and determining why things are the way they are. He has really opened my eyes to that side of missionary work. I'm so grateful for that. He is just crazy smart. He is from Moapa Valley Nevada... I'm not sure exactly where that is.  Have you ever been?

It really has been a great week.  Our Zone is doing great!  We put 11 people on date to be baptised just this week!  It was amazing!  The work is hastening and I am so grateful to be a part of it.  To have the privileged of standing shoulder to shoulder with the best life this world has ever known.  How great is that?  Christ is so close to this work.  I love that feeling of being led.  It's amazing to see how His hand really is in the details of each day as long as we put our trust in Him.  I know He lives!  The Book of Mormon is amazing.  I love sharing it with people every chance I get.  On the train, on the tube, at the grocery store, on the street.  It really is truth.  Translated by a Prophet of God.  

Well!  I hope that you have a fantastic week! 

Love  you loads!

Elder Draper







No comments:

Post a Comment