Thursday, February 1, 2018

January 29, 2018

Here is a snippet from my letter to President Stevens!

Zone Conference was amazing this week! It’s always so nice to be with other missionaries! In London I seriously took for granted constantly being able to gather and see people in person. Put here in Norwich it sure is a treat when you can be all together with the Zone! The trainings were all great, and the whole Zone is so excited about being more obedient.  We know that the Lord is mindful of our efforts, and we will see miracles because of the focus on obedience. Something I really felt as we were in the chapel receiving the obedience training, was that my best a year ago isn’t my best today. We believe in eternal progression, and the standard at this point is way higher. I know that personal commandments and promptings are important to be obedient to as well. Even the smallest thing! I love the reminder to change and strive for exactness.  

The highlight for teaching this week was definitely Davi. We were supposed to see him at 2, and we knocked on the door at 2... but no answer. Called, but no answer. For the first time on my mission, I felt prompted to go around to the back of the flat and bang on the windows! I thought "that can’t be right." But the thought came again and we did. We tracked around to the back and gave some brisk knocks. Still nothing. We called him again after all of this and in a groggy voice answered "Give me just a few minutes, I was dead asleep" or something like that! It was amazing! We were then able to have a spiritual lesson with him where HE put HIMSELF on Date to be baptised! He mentioned how he felt the Lord helping him prepare for this commitment in many different ways. It was such a testimony builder that the Lord really is preparing the hearts of his children. We were even able to give him a blessing. I am so grateful for the priesthood being restored to the Earth through Joseph Smith. When we were giving the blessing, towards the end I was was just listening to the words that were coming out of my mouth. It was an amazing experience. 

I love this work!  

Here are some pictures!  

Love you! 

Elder Draper!


















No comments:

Post a Comment