Monday, February 12, 2018

February 5, 2018

Hiya Mom!

Wow.  I feel really bad.  The quality of my letters home are probably pretty rubbish.  I’m sorry that you feel like you have to write me a short letter.  I really do love your letters.  Especially last week... wow.  That was an amazing experience from your Journal!  It boosted my faith and I shared it with loads of missionaries in the Zone!  So thank you again so much for doing that!  You are the best.

That cabin project sounds really fun!  Can’t wait to check it out!  Many memories yet to be had there.  

That story with Sydney and you fasting for me brought me to tears.  Thank you so much!  That was touching.  

This week I had the opportunity to go on exchange with one of the Elders in the Zone called Elder Umba.  It was really amazing.  We had one of the most amazing experiences of my mission on the way back from Lowestoft.  We took a few wrong turns getting back to Norwich Town Centre and ended up in a flat complex that looked so familiar.  I realised it was where one of our investigators (that we’ve been having a hard time contacting) lives.  And as we drove dow, we saw Danny!  The investigator!  The crazy thing was, Danny is from the DRC Congo and we just happened to have the one missionary in the Zone... (maybe even the mission) from the Congo with us!  We turned around and went over to talk to him and Elder Umba was able to speak with him in French and talk about baptism with him.  It was incredible.  Have miracles ceased?  No way.  The one time we get lost in that part of town with the one missionary from his country AND he was just standing outside... it was absolutely amazing!  We went back and taught him a great lesson the next day as well!  He is really questioning his faith and the Restored Gospel is exactly what he needs.  

We are also teaching Davi, who is progressing towards baptism on the 24th!  He is English and a really great guy!

Another good thing is that I passed my driving test!  Wooohooo!  Now I can drive in England!  These roads are WAY trickier than in the states!  Windy, dodgey, and loads of roundabouts!  
But it’s super fin to drive in this country!  

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Make sure everyone knows I love them loads!

Elder Draper






No comments:

Post a Comment