Monday, February 12, 2018

February 12, 2018

Wow!  

Mom, I love your mission stories so much!  
That is a crazy story!  There are always things that come up right before a baptism!  That is when I have seen so much opposition with the people I am teaching.  That is so cool that the mission president baptised her as well!  It sounds like you had a great first baptism!  Are you still in touch with any of the people you taught on your mission?  Wow.  I’ve had some hectic pre-baptism experiences, but nothing that comes close to that one.  

It sounds like Work is going good!  I’m so glad that you had that amazing experience with prayer as well!  I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers every prayer.  I want to be better at praying.  Often times I am so tired at the end of the day that I fall asleep while I’m praying.  Then apologise and try to do better the next day...  haha.  Do you have any tips for sincere prayers?

I am loving every second of my mission.  We had a really cool chance to go to a YSA birthday party with the ward.  Which was loads of fun!  We were playing all sorts of games when I slipped (my running shoes (same ones I came out with and have NO grip)) and scissored the stage!  It was crazy!  I’ll send you a video below.  (I am fine by the way just a bruise). 

We I also got to go on two exchanges this week, one where Elder Henrie (from Canada) came to our area, and an exchange with Elder Sharp (for an AP exchange). It was amazing!  We got to go down to London for the day and I really love Elder Sharp.  He was also trained by Elder Botta, so we have great stores and lots of common experience!  He is a great leader and I always learn a lot from him!  

We are teaching someone who is really solid called Davi.  He is from Norwich and battles depression a bit.  He needs to quit smoking, but he already knows the Book of Mormon is true and wants to be baptised... just has to kick that habit.  Everyone in this country smokes... even the 12 year olds.  It’s crazy.  Anyways.  Pray for Davi!  His date is for February 24.

Another thing that is pretty exciting is we are moving house!  The office Elder in charge of flats (Elder Rees who is a boss) got us a new flat, and we are moving into it with the other set of Elders serving in the ward!  Another 4 man flat!  We are moving into there on Thursday!  Should be an experience!  

Oh!  Also, my companion got sick... and I started to feel tingly in my thought and I said "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and ran upstairs to my oils stash and treated myself and guess what.  I’m not sick!  Haha!  It was great! I’m still convinced that sickness is a mindset!  There’s no time for that silly business on a mission!  

Mom, I am learning so much!  I seriously have grown a lot.  I feel I am really becoming who God wants me to be.  I love it!  It’s not always easy, but this really has been the best experience of my whole life!  I know that the gospel has been restored!  Isn’t it wonderful?  

I love you so much Mom!  Have an amazing week!  

Elder Draper

1.  Me at the Norwich Cathedral
2.  Me and Elder Sharp
3.  Skinny staircase at the cathedral
4. Me and Elder McMurray at the cathedral
5.  The Cathedral (artistic Shot)
6.  Me and Elder Umba doing a stop by 
7.  The squad going to drop some BoM's (Book of Mormon)












No comments:

Post a Comment