Monday, January 22, 2018

January 15, 2018

Hey Mom!

Transfers are here and I am staying in Norwich! This was a great week to end off the transfer with a bang!  So many great things are going on!  I have absolutely loved serving with Elder Leone.  I have learned SO MUCH from being with him.  He is an amazing missionary and he is going to do absolutely amazing things in Canterbury.  

Another highlight continues to be Shail!  He amazes me every time we meet with him. He is progressing so well.  Even just tonight, he postponed all of his work to come to Family Home Evening and to say goodbye to Elder Leone!  I have never seen that level of commitment from someone so new to the gospel.  Talk about teaching repentance and baptising converts!  In one lesson we had, we were talking about the principle of repentance and he had a lot of questions about guilt.  We then turned to Alma 36:18-20 and he exclaimed “That is me!”  After finishing the passage, he looked up at us and said with a hint of wonder “this book answers all my questions.”  My testimony of the Book of Mormon grew, and he realised that the Book of Mormons truly does answer questions of the Soul.  I know the Book of Mormon is true!

This Book of Mormon Reading has been great!  I love that many times the result is not immediate.  Sometimes the fulfilment of the blessing happens many verses, or even chapters later!  I know that it takes real consistency when it comes to obedience and diligence.  Then, as surely as we live, the Lord will make good on His promises!  We just have to be steady on our part!  Trusting that they will come in His time.

I’m looking forward to this new transfer!  I’m excited to serve with Elder McMurray and to learn from him!  He is so bright!  I can’t wait to see what these next 6 weeks hold in store!  

WHAT??

Haha!  That made my whole day!  Elder Botta was in our house??  WOW!  I can’t even imagine the stores he told you about when we were together!  My mind is totally and completely blown. I love that man a ton!  Do you have any pictures with him?  It would be my real dad and my mission dad together!  Ha!  Two heroes, one place!  That’s amazing.  

That’s good to hear that Kendall is doing well!  German sounds like a hard language!  I just know how to say greetings in about 10 different languages.  That’s great to hear that JD is such an athletic genius!  
So, my driving test is going to be this coming Wednesday.  I went out driving with a member... I feel a lot better now, but I wish I could practice more.  Oh well.  I will pray really hard.  
It is actually not too cold!  Surprisingly.  It rains a lot, and I guess when the wind comes off the North Sea it is pretty chilly, but to answer another of your questions, I got a nice coat on Boxing Day!  It is keeping me alive for sure!  

Today is transfer PDay, and The news is that I am staying in Norwich, and by beloved companion is leaving me to go to Canterbury.  The Zone is doing great.  We should hit our goal for this month of baptising 3 people as a Zone.  I’m learning a lot, but I know that I have so many things to learn from and improve!  It’s not even funny.  I could use some advice about leadership.  You are a great leader.  Something that I learned that could help you... hmmm, tough one.  I don’t know.  I guess ministering one by one is so important.  It really is about the little things.  Being there for the people you lead.  Helping them feel the saviours love.  A talk called "and these shall I make my Leaders" by James E Faust.  It helped me quite a bit.  Also being humble and teachable.  But I’m sure you are already a master at these things 

Well, I sure love you!  

Thanks for writing me!  Hope you have an amazing week!  

This is Shail at FHE!  






Don't watch. This video breaks my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment