Monday, December 4, 2017

Thank You High School Spanish!

Wow... never thought I would say that one!  

So, here is a pretty cool miracle from this week.  

We were out in Acton (West, West London) teaching a guy called Mike (super interesting guy) with a member called Brother Clark from Scotland.  The lesson went really well and all, but what happened afterward was even better!  We stopped by one other appointment we had set up for that night in the same street (Shakespeare Road...pretty cool right) but it was sad because some random guy answered the door and handed us our Book of Mormon back and said “she isn’t interested” that was the sad part.

Then Brother Clark stepped in and saved the day.  He told us about a less active family who we could stop by, so we went all the way down to the very end of the street we were on (still Shakespeare Road) and he pointed and said "That could be the one.”  (He is really Scottish)  So we did, and turns out that no one lived there that was a member of our church, but her aunt was looking for a church to go to as they had recently moved house from Ecuador.  She came to the door, but she only spoke Spanish so I muttered out that we were missionaries, and said 'inglesias' which I’m pretty sure means church (thank you Mr. Redford) the niece who spoke a little more English helped out quite a bit as well.  Then the aunt's face just lit up!  I have never seen anyone so excited to go to church before!  We got everything set up and the member was so excited about it that he arranged for a Spanish speaking family in the ward to pick them up Sunday morning.  It was incredible!  

I am absolutely loving being a missionary in London!  I know this is the Lords work!  I’m so grateful that the Lord qualifies us and magnifies us if we just allow him to.  I know that families can be together forever, not a moment less, and I am so grateful for that!

Hope you all have an amazing week!

Elder Draper

I’m doing amazing!  I love serving a mission with all of my heart Mom.  I really do.  It scares me how fast the time is flying by and I just want to make every single second count!  I want to give my all to my Saviour while I can and while I am a full time set apart Missionary! 

The stress of leadership is very real.  I know that I’ve learned so much these past few months of having these kind of responsibilities.  Probably the most cool thing is how to love and serve people more fully.  Especially when people need it, or if it is hard to do so.  I have loved having to just rely on the Lord as well.  So much of it is just beyond me, but thanks to Him, even I can be an instrument to help people come closer to God.  

Not going to lie.  I’m pretty familiar with London.  I’ve lived here for well over 6 months, and just traveling all over the place all the time sort of forces you to know it.  I’m sure I can show you all a good time when we visit!  

My new companion is Elder Egger.  He is from Austria and he is one of my favourite companions of all time.  We get along great and we both love working hard.  (We both served with Elder Botta how we have that diligent Italian spirit in us). He is the youngest of 7 kids!  That’s big for Austria.  His town is called Innsbruck and I am definitely going to visit him after my mission.  It looks beautiful!  He is a transfer older than me on the mission but I am training him as a Zone Leader, so there is an interesting dynamic there!  I just love him to death.

No... I don’t eat peas with a knife..l and I’ve never seen anyone do that!  Haha, BUT!  I do hold my fork in my left hand and my knife in my right hand and use both utensils all the time... (the proper way) Haha!

I love you SO much!  Whenever I think or teach  about the doctrine of eternal families, I just think of our amazing family and how wonderful you are.  You are the best Mom ever.

Sure love you!
MLC










No comments:

Post a Comment