Monday, December 4, 2017

Goodbye London, Hello Norwich

Hiya!

Well, after spending the last 3 transfers in the blessed Hyde Park 1 Ward, and being in central London, the time has come for me to migrate North for the winter.  If you don’t know where Norwich is, don’t worry, not many do.  It’s about as far North as you can get in our mission!  I’m so excited!  I’ve never been this far away from London before, so it should be great fun!

I am really going to miss the amazing missionaries and members here in Hyde Park.  I have grown to love them a lot.  I don’t know what I’ll do without the busyness of London and taking the tubes and London Buses!  Haha!  I’m going to miss the amazing people I’ve been able to teach here as well!  Plus, I will miss my amazing Austrian companion Elder Egger loads!  He’s such a great lad!  

We are teaching a woman called Rizel from the Philippines, and she is doing amazing!  The members are just fellowshipping her like there is no tomorrow!  After church yesterday, we watched "the Restoration" with her and she just testified that Joseph Smith was a prophet and how everything was becoming clear to her!  She is just amazing!  She is getting baptised on the 17th.  

I am so grateful for the time I have been on my mission.  I love testifying of our Saviour.  It’s helped me come to know Him better.  I know that He lived a perfect life and made the way possible for us to live with our Father in Heaven again.  I love this Christmas season when the weather gets colder and the people’s hearts get warmer!  
Let’s show the world the light of Christ that we are so blessed to have!
#LightTheWorld

Have an amazing week!

Elder Draper 


Selections from his letter to Mom:

Hey Mom!  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  
Yesterday I saw that it was the third and remembered your birthday!  (Which is good because I forgot my own birthday last June!)

I hope you had the most wonderful day! Sounds like you guys are just having an absolute blast!  

I’m getting transferred!  After being here in the blessed Hyde Park Zone for so long I am leaving to literally as far away from London as you can go in our mission to the Norwich Zone!  My new companion is Elder Leone and he is from Utah too!  Haha.

I don’t know much about Norwich, so I’m excited to go and just love the people!
The one thing I do happen to know is it gets pretty darn cold there... so, I’m just bracing for impact!  Haha.

There are so many wonderful things going on in this area and I’m sad to go, but I am also excited that there are people I can help and serve in Norwich!  

I love you so much Mom!  Don’t worry about me working hard!  I have really come to live hard work on my mission!  Diligence is such an important attribute to have, and I realise that I didn’t have very much if it before serving.  #bestchoiceever

Sure love you Mom!







No comments:

Post a Comment