Monday, February 27, 2017

London is Amazing!

Wow!

This week has been amazing! First of all... I love London.  It is the coolest city ever!  There are SO many people here!  There are people from all across the world as well!  To get around in London, you take the Tube.  Which is the English version of the Subway.  It is so cool!  You get a little Oyster card and you can get ANYWHERE!  It's the best! Our flat is a four man flat.  So there is me and my companion (Elder Massey who is a legend) then there is Elder Robertson (who was in my MTC group) and Elder Reynolds.  They are all great guys and we have lots of fun together.  Our flat is about a 7 minute walk from the Hyde Park Chapel.  It is so great!  We live in the beating heart of London! When you leave our flat you can see the Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park.  It's pretty posh.

The funny thing is we teach loads of Chinese people.  I got here and was a little surprised that 90% of our investigators were Chinese. Let me just tell you... Chinese people are the best.  Often times they haven't had ANY experience with Jesus Christ.  They are incredibly smart and surprisingly they are SOOO in tune with the Spirit.  It blows my mind.  They haven't felt the spirit often in their lives, so when they do they recognize it.  Sometimes reading a scripture or saying a prayer gives them a testimony of the Gospel.  It is the best! I love teaching them. It actually really has strengthened my testimony to see them and their strength in the Gospel. In the Britannia YSA Ward there are about 30% Oriental people.  They are the most active and spiritual people I've encountered on my mission.  It has been a humbling and amazing experience.

Well!  We got to go to the Natural History Museum today and the museums here are NEXT level. So big, so beautiful, and so many cool things inside.  It seems like there are so many things to do and not enough time... kind of opposite of Northampton.  Haha! I really love this Gospel.  It brings so much peace and joy into life. I love my Savior and I have loved the opportunity to know him a little better.

Well, sure love you all!  Have an amazing week!

Elder Draper

This is what he wrote to Mom because Mom is always telling him to work hard, play hard and really enjoy those PDays and get out there and see the city. Zhaun-Paul wrote: I hate to do this, but I have run out of time to do PDay stuff.  I just want to let you know that I am having the time of my life.  My testimony is growing each day.  My new companion is Elder Massey!  He's from Utah (Sandy). He's a beast.  He's been out for 6 1/2 months and he's a boss. Our apartment is AMAZING!  It is a £5,000,000 flat in the heart of London.  I've seen Big Ben, the London Eye, the Natural History Museum and Baker Street (Sherlock Holmes Baker Street)  It is the best! 







No comments:

Post a Comment