Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week Two in London

This week has been amazing!  I feel a little more used to the busy bustling of London.  (Except this week I did fall down the "up" escalator.  I've adapted bus finding to tube finding and it's just been a grand ol' time.  People are so shocked when you speak to them on the tube!  I love it! Something amazing that happened yesterday was a Northern Europe Broadcast, where we got to hear from Elder M. Russel Ballard.  It was so good.  He kept referencing to his talk as an epistle!  It was epic. It's really cool how the messages were tailored to the people in Europe.  The same talks wouldn't have applied to the same degree if they were given in Utah.  It really does show that the Brethren really are aware of our specific needs.

Elder Massey and I are continuing to work with members and it really has been amazing.  We have been able to meet with so many wonderful people in the ward.  I've never really had all of this one-on-one experience with so many members.  It makes Church much more fun when you know who they are and they know who you are!  There are students from all over the world in our area, so it really has been fun just getting to make know with so many amazing people.  I've really come to love them.  Plus, YSA students are legendary Member Missionaries. Most of them are return missionaries, so they really are great at inviting people to church and fellowshipping our friends!

There really is so much diversity in London.  Last week we met an amazing girl from Egypt, and a really cool guy from Venezuela! Something that I love is meeting so many people from so many different backgrounds and countries.  Sharing the gospel with all of them has been such a joy.

Something that I've really focused on this last week is prayer.  How amazing is prayer?  We get to talk with our loving Father in Heaven. Sister Stevens gave a great training in prayer.  She really emphasized that prayer is a way that we alight our will with the will of the Father.  There is so much joy that comes when we are having an "single to the glory of God."  I hope you all can take a moment to really be open and honest with Him in your prayers.  I have seen the blessings that have come from doing just that.

I love you all!  Hope you have a fantastic week!

Elder Draper




























No comments:

Post a Comment