Monday, February 13, 2017

It's Pretty Simple

Heya!

Hope that everyone had an amazing week!  I know that my week was full of amazing experiences, quirky ways to find new investigators, and good ol' English weather.  It had some interesting teaching experiences... and then some incredible teaching experiences.  We had Zone Conference this week, which is always amazing.  Every time I get to hear from President and Sister Stevens I learn something new and feel their love for us and for this great work!  They are legends! 

This week was rather chilly.  Which is Englishman speak for "incredibly cold."  They don't like to express very much emotion. They're actually most like M&M's a really hard shell, and chocolate in the middle which means that they don't like to open up, but when they do they are just the most lovely people.  Wow.  I got pretty side tracked there. 

Something fun we did this week, was we baked cookies at the chapel and delivered them to some Jehovah's Witnesses that are always set up in the Town Centre.  It was awesome!  There are some lovely people who love God and Jesus Christ trying to spread the word.  But that was besides the point.  The objective was something fun to do while we talked with as many people as possible along the way and it was AWESOME!  We found some really cool people! 

The highlight of this week was teaching Daniel.  He is the one I'm fairly certain I mentioned before from Columbia.  He has the most real intent of anyone I've taught.  While we were teaching the Restoration he asked amazing questions like: "I don't understand why my church baptizes babies, because they don't have a choice.  If it's such a big deal...why do they not get a say in it?"  Luckily, when you represent the True and living church in the Earth in these latter-days, you have answers to questions like that.  It was amazing.  The most important thing is that the spirit was there in abundance.  It's the simple things that invite the spirit.  Asking questions, using scriptures, and testifying. 

Another thing that invites the spirit is obedience to the Commandments.  It really is so simple.  If you keep the commandments you get blessings.  Simple.  Not always easy to follow. I really have seen that being obedient brings so many tender mercies. I know what we get from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest joy.  Joy that lasts.  Joy that grows.  I'm grateful for the opportunity we all have to experience that joy that comes from keeping the commandments.  I'm grateful that I have his opportunity to share that joy with the fantastic people of England!  Love you all!

Have a great week!

Elder Draper



No comments:

Post a Comment