Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween! & Questions Answered

Hey everyone!!

So, before we get into the nitty gritty stuff I just want you all to know that I have had my first authentic Fish n' Chips!  Let me tell you... that stuff holds up to its reputation!  It is however super greasy, and as of right now it sits in my stomach like a bunch of rocks... WORTH IT!!

This week has been AMAZING!!  We have seen miracles and tender mercies all throughout this week!  Elder Botta and I have really been striving to be exactly obedient.  We know that it is through obedience that ALL blessings are predicated.  For example, we got back to our flat around 12 minutes early one night.  Going in wouldn't have been the worst thing.  We could have got a jump on planning and prepared for the next day, but instead we chose to go outside and talk to people until it was really time to get home.  When we were out we stopped this girl named Laura, and we talked with her for a while, and found out she is a catholic, but she feels like there is something she is missing in her relationship with God.  We quickly told her about the Book of Mormon and we are seeing her again this week!  Amazing!  It's only by being obedient that the Lord was able to put her in our path.

England is wicked cool.  I think that I am FINALLY getting used to looking for cars coming on the wrong side of the road!  The buildings are amazing!  They are so old and beautiful.  Most of them are older than the United States of America... The town centre is bustling with people from all over the world.  We've talked to people from Poland, Romania, Latvia, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Italy, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, China, Hong Kong, and tons of other places!!  It's amazing being able to share the gospel with people from all over!

Our Zone is great, and our District is the bomb!!  The Zone Leaders are in our District so we get to do lots of stuff with them!  Elder Parkin from Utah, and Elder Lindsey from Texas, man they are beasts! Our district has set ambitious goals, but we know that all things are possible through the Lord.  This truly is not our work.  It's His. It's amazing that he even involves us and lets us be instruments in his hand... MAN I love being a missionary!!

The shopping here in England is next level... clothes are super cheap, but food is sort of pricey.  The water here is almost unprintable... so English people invented Squash... which is like where you put a little bit of squash in then fill the rest up with water so at least it tastes good!  I got to ride on a double decker bus for the first time!  Top deck of COURSE!!  Felt a little Harry Potter action going on there.

Anyways!!  I love it here.  Serving the people and sharing the gospel has brought SO much joy to my life.  I find that the more I lose myself in the work, the more joy I feel.  It really is Amazing!!

All the best you beautiful beasts!!

Elder Draper


((Note: This is a compilation of Zhaun-Paul's letters he sent in answer to a bunch of questions we sent to him, so he's mostly just answering all the questions we sent him in these following letter snippets...))
I love you guys SO MUCH!  It makes my soul happy to hear that everyone is doing so well back home! If you ever get stressed I know that the scriptures are a source of peace and joy.  A kind of peace that is always available and can overcome all trials.  I've found a new joy in feasting upon the words of Christ.  The sights here are incredible!!  The buildings are so old and beautiful!  The streets are made of cobblestone!  It's amazing!  I bought some English clothes today! The highlight was a really cool wool coat!!  It's so good looking!  I feel like a true Brit in it.  I really am loving it here.  I love you're uplifting letters.  Back home I looked up to people like YouTubers and movie stars... but MAN!  My new hero is Ammon!  Talk about a consecrated missionary!  I hope that I can be that kind of missionary!  Fearless do man, a dedicated servant to the people, and a powerful teacher of the spirit.  

I love you so much!  I'm doing AMAZING over here!  It is really fun living with just a companion!  We get along well and have lots of jokes! Believe it or not I feel like I eat like a king! Not even one Ramen noodle!!  Lots of frosted flakes though!! We have bacon and eggs, sandwiches, and my Italian companion makes some pretty great pasta!  I haven't had Fish n' Chips yet, or a kabaab, so I don't feel like a proper Brit yet.  I'm learning how to cook better, so it's awesome!!  I'm finally starting to look the right way to see if cars are coming!  It's so weird that they drive on the left, and sit on the right!  I keep seeing kids in the passenger seat, but it looks like they're driving and it kinda freaks me out a little bit.  I love it here, and I love sharing the gospel with EVERYONE!!  I went shopping for the first time today!  I bought a coat... a really cool English coat.  I love you so much!

Don't worry about me over here, I am loving losing myself in the work! I find that as my will becomes more in line with His, I am happier and I grow so much faster!  I always stay positive because I know that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, and even when I am rejected, cast out, made fun of, I am standing shoulder to shoulder to someone a lot better than me, who went through a lot more gab I'll ever have to endure!  I seriously love my mission!  I love every second! I love The people, the food, the members, everything.  Now... time to get to those questions!😁


 ((And his Dad sent him these questions...inquiring minds just want to know!))

1. How many times did you get to go to the temple?
A. I went to the Preston temple 3 times, and it was amazing!  Such a
beautiful temple.  The officiated had and English accent so that was
super cool!!  I did miss going with you though.

2. What activities did you get to do for PE in the MTC?
A. I taught all of the foreigners how to play Ultimate frisbee!  They
thought it was so much fun!!  They even had a really good frisbee
there!!  Also we played LOTS of football (soccer) and some basketball
and volleyball.

3. Did all the missionaries in your district go to your mission?
A. No, 2 went to Birmingham, 5 went to London south, and just me and
my companion went to London.

4. Did you gain any weight in the MTC?
A. I think I lost weight the first week... but then gained around 5
pounds... it's hard to know for sure because they measure it in kilos
over here...

5. Have you bought any clothes?
A. Not until a few hours ago!  I bought some white shirts from NEXT,
and a really warm coat from New Look!  It is a REALLY cool coat!

6. How is cooking going?
A. Cooking is going good!! We get around 150£ just for food and
haircuts and stuff!  So we eat eggs and bacon, frosted flakes, pasta
(cooked by my Italian companion.  But yeah, I'm learning how to cook
and add peppers in me stuff... it's really good!  You guys should send
me some recipes or something!

7. Are you enjoying laundry, cleaning, and all the chores?
A. Actually I am enjoying the chores.  I like the responsibility, and
I am learning habits that will help a TON in life.  I owe a lot of
that to you and Mom, so thank you!  It's all good!

8. Did you ever get a coat?
A. Yes, a really cool black English style coat!

9. Are you in a ward or branch?
A. I'm in a ward!  There is actually a lot of members here!!  2 wards
attend the chapel we go to!!

10. Do you have a ward mission leader?
A. Yes!  His name is Brother Clive.  He is pretty helpful but works a lot.

11. Do you go on splits with the members?
A. I haven't had the chance to go on splits with the members yet,
but I have had lots of member present lessons.

12. How many are in your apartment?
A. Just Elder Botta and I in our Flat.  It is apparently a really
nice flat!  It's got a nice shower and a good kitchen which is
amazing!

14. How much time do you spend contacting?
A. We spend lots of time contacting... they call it finding now.
I've only been tracking for a tiny bit, we like to go down to town
centre and talk to people on the street!  I've found really well that
way and I LOVE talking to people!

15. Are you shy, or outgoing?
A. I don't want to be prideful or anything... but outgoing.

16. How is the language coming, any hangups?
A. Well.. people say I sound like people in the movies.
Trash=rubbish, sidewalk= footpath, sneakers= trainers, sweater=
jumper, so on and so forth.

17. Are you enjoying all the study time you get?
A.  I am enjoying the study time I get!  I don't feel like it's
enough though!  I have so much to learn and study and memorize.

18. What is the neatest thing you have seen so far in Northampton?
A. The neatest thing in Northampton i would say is the buildings.  I
LOVE how old they are.  The churches especially are incredible.

19. How big is your area?
A. I'm not sure exactly how big our area is... but it's huge.  We
walk, bike, and take the bus a LOT!!

20. How many come to church?
A. In our ward... probably around 100ish.

21. Are you over more than one ward?
A. Nope just the Northampton ward!

22. Do you have an IPAD?
A. Yes!  I have an iPad!  We got it when we were in London.  So
we're all good there.  It gets passed from missionary to missionary.

23. Are you hearing and recognizing the spirit?
A. Yes.  It's amazing slowly getting better at recognizing and
following the prompting of the spirit.

A. Also yes, he is very real and very persistent.  He uses ads and
media to try and throw us off. He puts negative thoughts in my head,
and I've been good at recognizing them and getting rid of them.

25. Are your friends writing?
A. Yah! Lots of them write!  It's great!

26. Are you using your sunglasses?
A. Unfortunately... no. In my mission sunglasses are not allowed
while proselytising... oh well.

27. Looks like fall, is it colder there?
A. It was for a few days, but then it randomly got hot again.  Today
was really warm!

28. Is it humid or dry?
A. Humid for sure!

29. Do they all have bad teeth?
A. Lots of them do!  People tell me how perfect my teeth are... it's funny.

30. Do you know how much we all love you?
A. I know how much you guys love me!  I can feel your love and
support from across the pond!


Elder Draper










No comments:

Post a Comment