Monday, October 24, 2016

First Letter from Northampton

This area is amazing!  I am serving in the Northampton!  It's this really cool town about 40 minutes north of London.  I'm really getting a taste of full-blown English culture now. Having to look out for cars driving on the WRONG side of the road, walking and taking the bus everywhere, going on the tube (which is just a subway), all sorts of English accents everywhere, and I love it all!!!  

My trainers name is Elder Botta!!  He is from Bergamo, Italy!  (Zhaun-Paul's Mom, Holly screams will joy and surprise right here...because she served her mission in Italy 23 years ago!!!) He is an amazing missionary.  I feel so lucky to have a trainer that strives to be perfectly obedient, he works really hard, and he is over the top enthusiastic in the best possible way.  

I have learned so much in the last week. I have learned that it truly is the Lords work.  I myself can't convert people.  I just can't.  I'm new, I don't know where I am half the time, and I know that I have lots to improve on.  That being said, through the Lord all hints can be done.  Through obedience, faith, prayer, and hard work we can have the spirit with us.  That is what teaches people.  That is what brings people unto Christ.  I really am loving it here in England. Hope you all have an amazing week I know I will!

All the best!!  You guys rock!

Elder Draper





No comments:

Post a Comment