Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Back to London!

Heya!

Hope everyone is doing well!  I feel pretty bad for slacking on sending these big group emails out...

Anyways!  This was a great week!  Turns out it was my last week in the blessed land of Romford. I'm sad to be leaving.  I've really come to love this ward and the amazing people here. It's back to the big city for me! I'm returning to the blessed Hyde Park Zone!  That's where I was before when I was in Britannia, just a different area, and a different ward (not YSA.)  My new companion is called Elder Sorensen.  He is a legend!  He's from Idaho, and he is hilarious!  I'm so excited!

This week our friend Michael came to church.  You may think that's not a very big deal, but he postponed his holiday JUST to come to church! He loved it.  After church there were two baptisms he got to see and he felt the spirit.  He is so excited to be baptised!  What a legend! This week I was reading in Jacob and the allegory of the olive trees stood out to me so much.  The Lord is SO involved in this work.  He is labouring right along side us.  I know that is true.  This is His work.  This is His Glory.  I know that He lives and loves us so much!

Keep strong in the faith!

Elder Draper

Here's some of his letter to his dad...

Hey Dad!

First of all I loved what you said about purpose and planning!  The mission just released a new Preach My Gospel Chapter 8 that talks about just that.  Amazing.  You always know just what to say... I don't know how you do, but you do.

To answer some questions: 


Food: I tried a deep fried sausage... it was interesting!

Pastries:  there are some incredible raspberry doughnuts at a shop called Sainsbury's.  They were wicked good.

Exercise:  YES!  To be obedient you exercise for 30 min EVERY day! I've been doing some frisbee, some running, and loads of this P90x stuff.  It's fun!

Fast:  The White Handbook says once a month, but I tend to do it quite a bit.  Especially fasting with people in the district that their people will progress and that they can achieve their goals.  Maybe every 2 weeks or a bit more.  I have a HUGE testimony of fasting.  I don't think I really had one until my mission.  It has blown me away the miracles I've seen because of it.

Studies:  I have loved my studies.  I have learned SO much! Seriously!  Every morning is just incredible.  I love the scriptures.

Language Studies:  Elder Angeiras is fluent in English!  No language studies needed!

















This next pic is Zhuan-Paul's first companion in the mission...
We don't have any idea what he's wearing!








No comments:

Post a Comment