Monday, May 22, 2017

Testimony

Heya!

This week has been amazing!  I am starting to know which buses get me where to where I need to be and which buses get me real lost.  Which is good.  I'm starting to get to know his amazing Romford ward as well!  It was the first Sunday that wasn't a Stake Conference, so I know who is actually in the ward.  The Bishop is really great!  He is so caring and he knows the needs of the ward so well.  He is just a boss.  One night, we got a call from a less active member who was in distress and asked for a blessing.  With such short notice, the bishop dropped everything and took us to her house so we could help her.  He is so great.  

We got to go to Ilford (which is a nearby town) to blitz (or find) with the Ilford Elders.  It was fun to see how different and unique each city is and how they react to the gospel.  We got TWINS to come in the church for a chapel tour, and they came to church yesterday!  TWINS!  Brilliant.  We have been seeing Sharon a lot, and she is so excited to be baptized.  She has already picked what hymns she wants to be sung and everything.  Her faith has grown so much in the last few weeks.  It's amazing to see the change that happens in people when the light of the gospel fills their lives.  She has been reading from the Book of Mormon for 2 hours a day and has already read to Alma! Its amazing.  She's practically a member already.  She is excited to be baptized in the coming week. Nadeem got confirmed yesterday. 

On Friday we had Interviews with President Stevens.  Man.  I love him so much.  He is just amazing.  He one of the best examples of being consecrated that I've ever seen.  He has so much faith and love.  He is also a man of revelation.  The spirit just tells him stuff, and it is the craziest and coolest thing I've ever seen.

I have been thinking about how wonderful testimonies are this last week.  Many times when talking to people who don't have the same views as me, they will say "you can't know that there is a God."  It's amazing to know that we absolutely can know for ourselves.  

I love this quote by Bruce R. McConkie:
"I am one of his witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God’s Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."

He knew.  He knew much more than mere seeing could ever do. Let us all seek to strengthen our testimonies of our Saviour Jesus Christ.  I know that sharing my testimony frequently has helped it grow more than anything else.  I know that Jesus Christ Lives!  He overcame death and sin so each of us can live with our Father in Heaven again.  This is His Church!  I know this is His work.  He is at the helm.  

Hope you all have an amazing week!  

Elder Draper 








No comments:

Post a Comment