Monday, May 15, 2017

Romford Da Bombford

Heya!

This week has been pretty great! I got to my new area Romford and it is incredible!  Romford is technically still London (Zone 6) it is very, very East London headed more towards Essex.  The area we live is really nice. Our flat is pretty posh.  Anyways, we are teaching a pretty great family.  The Essex family.  Vickie (the daughter) is a recent convert.  She has been a member for about 3 weeks.  Sharon (her mom) saw the change the gospel made in her daughters life, and is now taking the lessons.  She is great!  They have a crazy three legged dog and a grandma who is permanently in the living room (Charlie and the Chocolate factory style) and they always tell the most random stories when we teach them!  It's pretty great! 

Oh, I forgot to tell more about my companion.  His name is Elder Gato, and he is from Para, Brazil!  He is working on speaking English, so sometimes I have absolutely no idea what he is trying to say to me. But he's either getting better, or I'm learning how to speak Portuguenglish (Portuguese English) because it's getting better. 

Something I have been thinking a lot about this week is how faith precedes the miracles.  I love scriptures like Alma 26:22, Ether 12:22, Mosiah 8:18, and Moroni 7:33 that tell us exactly what we can do when we put our faith in Jesus Christ.  In Alma 26:27 it says "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."  It always seems to be after trials that we can see the Lords tender mercies.  It is so often the fourth floor last door. night in the pouring rain.  The last house on a long street when we see miracles.  I know that as we go through these trials with faith, we become better acquainted with our Saviour and Redeemer.  We grow spiritually.  We become in tune with the Spirit, who comforts and guides us through the storms of life.  I know that this is the Lords work.  I know that it helps us realize our Divine potential.  I know that Jesus Christ lives.  He loves us so personally and so completely. As we show faith in him he will bear us up and carry us home.

Love you all!  Have an amazing week!

Elder Draper







We asked him to send us pics of his new and very "posh" flat:








Talking to the Family for Mother's Day 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment