Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Beginnings and Endings (and a Transfer to Romford)

Heya!

Hope you are all having a brilliant week!

First of all, there is some news!  Transfers are tomorrow and I will be leaving the blessed land of Britannia and heading for East London in an area called Romford in the Romford Zone. It's exciting! Leaving central London in a YSA ward to the East side in a family one. I am beyond excited for this new assignment!  I love thinking that there is a reason the Lord would have me be there.  People I can help, things I can learn, and a chance to grow. I have loved my time serving in Britannia.  I have come to love the ward and the people here so much!  I have made great memories and amazing friendships.

This week we had some amazing experiences!  We were able to teach a man called William, who had been investigating the church about 6 months ago, but decided to stop.  After a miracle and getting back in touch with him we were able to have an amazing lesson with him.  We took him through the Hyde Park visitors centre and used the exhibits to teach him faith, repentance, baptism, and the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It was so powerful!  The spirit was there in the lesson.  He is excited to learn more and can't wait to feel the Holy Ghost more in his life.

Another great experience this week was teaching a man called Gerald. He is from the Philippines and has many questions about God.  We taught him about the Restoration and showed him a video about Joseph Smiths first vision and the spirit just filled the room!  It was almost tangible!  After the video he looked at us and said, "I'm speechless."  He went on to say that it helped him feel something deep inside of him.  It was an amazing experience.

The title is called beginnings and endings because I was hinting about what an amazing beginning baptism is.  It's the beginning of a new life devoted to God.  It's a fresh start, a clean slate.  We were able to see three amazing people enter into this covenant with God on Sunday and it was amazing.  Hearing their testimonies about coming to know that he was there and that he loved them always strengthens my own.  The changes these people make, and their dedication to come closer to Christ is incredible.

I know that this is the Lords work.  I know that he guides it.  He is more involved than we sometimes think.  I love being an instrument in His hands.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Elder Draper


















No comments:

Post a Comment