Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Moves Week



I can't believe how fast time flies!

I just finished my second transfer!

It feels like I flew out of the SLC airport a week ago!!

Anyways, I am staying in Northampton for at least another six weeks.
I am however, getting a new companion tomorrow.  His name is Elder
Dunning!  I haven't met him yet, but I'm excited to get to know him!
It's going to be sad to say goodbye to Elder Botta!  He has been a
great example for me, and we have made so many memories that I'll
never forget!
Something way cool that happened this week is I met Temi!!  I sat next
to him on a bus when we were on our way home.  We had a really random
conversation, but he laughed a lot.  I invited him to come to church
with us the next day (because it was Saturday, and we go to church on
Sunday)  And he seemed kind of taken back.  He told me that he lives
right across the street from us, so he has seen many missionaries come
and go and lots of them have talked to him before.  One of them even
invited him to church over a year ago!  He said that something about
me got the best of him so he agreed to come.
He LOVED church!!  The members did an amazing job of fellowship in
him!  They said "Hi" sat by him, asked him questions, and it was just
amazing!  The next day we invited him to come to lunch with us and he
came!  He is such a funny guy!  He is from Nigeria, but grew up in
North London.  Last night, we taught him the word of wisdom and when
we told him about tea and coffee he stood up right then and there,
walked over to the kitchen, and just threw it all in the bin!!  What a
legend!  He is awesome!
Ian was baptised on Saturday, and Keerthy was able to baptise him!  It
was amazing for both of them and Keerthy was so excited because it was
the first time he got to use his priesthood.
Something I've been really grateful for  this last week has been
living prophets and apostles.  I love listening and reading conference
talks, and I invite you guys to read the latest conference talks.
They are modern day revelation for us!  How cool is that??  The answer
is WAY cool!!
I hope you all have an amazing week!  Love you guys!

All the best!

Elder Draper






No comments:

Post a Comment