Monday, January 30, 2017

Amazing Week & BAPTISM!

Note from MOM: the following are excerpts from Zhaun-Paul's letters to his family, so all the questions he's answering are answers to questions we asked him.

This week was just amazing!  Mom!  This work is the greatest!  I love just recognizing all of the tender mercies that we see in this great work!  You are so right!  The Book of Mormon has such an amazing power.  It invites the spirit into our lives and increases our knowledge, spirituality, and personal conversion.  I love the Book of Mormon!  I just wish everyone would read it every day.

This week we were able to see Temi enter the waters of baptism!! I have loved getting to know him, and seeing him progress in his spirituality and come to know his Savior better.  It was just incredible!  He is such a cool guy!  Oh, man.  He is just a legend!  Being able to teach him was one of the greatest experiences of my life! I was just an instrument in His hands, but I'm grateful that I was able to be a tool in his masterful hands.  This work is the best!  I'm grateful for the spirit and that we're able to invite it into our lives so we can help others recognize it. Pictures below!

Oh man, missionary work definitely isn't easy.  I know however, that it was NEVER easy for Christ either.  Salvation isn't a cheap experience.  It's supposed to take something if ourselves.  As we are rejected, spat upon, cast aside, and made a hiss in a byword, we are standing shoulder to shoulder with the GREATEST life this world has ever known.  Perhaps we will even be able to shed one of the tears that he shed.  It is a hard experience, but the most rewarding experience.

(Zhaun-Paul's Dad's letter started with saying that Zhaun-Paul has been out 4 months already, and that 1/6 of his mission is over)

Hey WOAH!  Careful throwing crazy fractions around like that!  I'm just getting started!

To answer some of your questions... 
YES!  Many areas are huge, and require cars.  There's around... 5 cars in our Zone? Something like that.

Our new schedule is the basic one that was released.  It does give us more flexibility, and allows us to use agency more throughout the day.  It's been something to adjust to for sure.  I like it! 
 
My companion is a great guy.  I'm getting along really well with my new companion! He is polar opposites to Elder Botta, and is very thoughtful in the way he approaches missionary work. Both good missionaries though.  I'm grateful that I get to get both examples.  A thoughtful missionary, and a hard working missionary.  I'm just trying to pick out the best from both of them, and try to apply them to my own work.  He is a really thoughtful guy. 

I certainly do appreciate my trainer.  He taught me how to work hard and be more diligent.  He humbled me quite a lot, which I am so grateful for.  I was really prideful coming into the mission, and it's something I can always work on.  My habits have changed a LOT!  I think definitely for the better!

(Mom asked him how the members are over there to support the missionary work going on)
The members here are amazing as individuals!  Some of the most stalwart ward members of this great church.   The church is very different in some ways over here in England.  They are hit and miss with missionary work. Some of them are incredible, but we don't have a ward mission leader... and all of our recent converts don't have callings, home teachers, home teaching assignments, or new member lessons.  It is TERRIBLE!  But I love them anyways.

The weather is kind of sporadic.  Really cold one day, not so bad the next.

It's so great seeing pictures of you guys in awesome ugly sweaters!  I love you guys so much! I know that my Savior lives. I know this church is true. I am so grateful for everything that you and Dad have done for me!
You guys are the best!!

Love you so much!

Elder Draper









No comments:

Post a Comment