Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Visit from Jeffery R. Holland

Hello Dearest Mother!  

This week was so wonderful!  I am seriously blown away each and every day by how much Heavenly Father knows me, loves me, and helps me.  I found out yesterday that I will be staying in Hyde Park for another transfer, AND I will be staying with a Elder Sorensen for another transfer as well!  He will be my second ever 2 transfer companion (the first being Elder Botta.)  Speaking of Elder Botta, he goes home tomorrow... I can't believe it.  My fantastic Italian trainer is going home.  Him and Elder Lindsey (probably my closest missionary friend on the mission) are both finishing their missions.  Crazy how fast the time has gone.  I don't like admitting it, but I am almost at my 1 year mark. It feels like I just got here!  I really love those lads, and I'm honestly pretty broken up about them leaving.  I wouldn't be where I am today without their help.  

The Zone is doing great, and some cool changes are happening as well.  We are getting 4 brand new missionaries in the Zone!  That is some greenie fire and faith right there!  I'm so stoked!  I'm grateful I get to stay another transfer here in Hyde Park, because I love serving in London, AND the ward is great!

This week on Tuesday, we had the incredible opportunity of hearing from Elder Holland!  It was unreal.  We got the chance to shake his hand, and as I looked into his eyes I could FEEL that he was a living witness of Jesus Christ.  It was an amazing experience.  Right as he was about to begin addressing us, the fire alarm in the building we were in went off and we all had to evacuate with Elder Holland. (We weren't in the Hyde Park chapel because it was under construction) Opposition is so real!  Nonetheless, we were able to get back in after a few minutes and we were literally tutored from on High.  He is a legend.  He spoke a lot about how his mission changes his life, and the Book of Mormon.  I learned so much.  A quote that he said that really struck me was "Everything that matters in my life stems from.. Well Exhibition Road." (Exhibition Road is the Road that the chapel is on and missionaries have preached the gospel for many years.  I have been lucky enough to spend hours upon hours teaching people on that same road.  How lucky?! I go finding where Jeffrey R Holland went Finding!  The England London mission has such rich tradition and it's so cool to be able to say that I have walked and preached on the same streets that apostles have for years and years. He served in this mission and he ended off on a proud note saying that he always wants to have a special England London Mission bond with every single one of us individually. The spirit was incredibly strong and it is easily evident that he has been called of God to receive revelation on our behalf and to act as a special witness of Christ. IT WAS SO AMAZING! Right as he was leaving, he blew us all a kiss and whispered "Work hard" then walked out.  The spirit was so strong!  Ever since then I have had the most amazing boost in energy and enthusiasm!  

Milton is still doing really good, we are working on rebuilding our teaching pool right now, and there is just so much Joy in this work.  It is His work.  I'm honoured to be a part of it.  I love this gospel and it really has changed me.  I feel like a different person from when I left.  In a good way. I'm grateful for everything you and Dad have done to help me grow up in the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! 
You mean the world to me Mom!  

Have an amazing week!  

Okay, I sure love you.  I'm learning and growing so much!  Talk to you next week!  

Elder Draper









No comments:

Post a Comment