Saturday, August 25, 2018

August 4, 2018

Hey Mom,

No worries, I totally understand!  

Glad to hear that so many fun things are going on back home.  Sounds like girls camp was a huge success!  I'm sure everyone is incredibly grateful for everything you did to organize it.  That's why I have no doubt it was incredible... everything you do becomes incredible!

This last week has been wild! 
On Wednesday, we had MLC and that was a really good meeting.  President Checketts gave the coolest training on the Prophet Joseph Smith and how we can learn how to be better leaders from studying his life.  I know that he was called of God.  I learned so much about being a leader.  President Checketts never ceases to amaze me.  I'm so grateful I get to serve so close with him.

After MLC, we got right into transfers.  This transfer is an EPIC one.  Probably the most amount of change that I have ever seen or even heard of!!  We mixed most of the companionships in the mission and where we could put one from the old ELM and one from the old ELSM.  We are excited to see the way these cultures truly embrace.  Before this, it's only my companionship that has had missionaries from both missions.  We spend literally 2 and a half solid days working on it!  At one point, we were stuck and things weren't moving like we'd like, so we went to the chapel and shot free-throws with President Checketts!  It was amazing!  He is pretty dang good for being 65!  Another thing that has blown me away is how decisive and sure he is.  He has a vision of what he wants to accomplish, and he gets it done!  

Something crazy happened!  Elder O'Hare's Dad was in town for business, and President gave him permission to see him early, so yesterday, we were sitting in the office when we heard a whistle.  We all turned around and it was his Dad!  Crazy!  Watching them hug and watching his Dad cry made me realize just how close I am to coming home.  It's weird sending two companions home.  It almost feels like I am going home too!  Haha!  Then the Checketts took us to 5 guys to celebrate finishing such a legendary transfer.

So, today, we haven't really had a PDay.  Elder O'Hare's Dad took us out to breakfast and we have been working on arranging travel and departing interviews.  Lots of admin... But, I have seen some past companions who are coming in for their departing interviews, and missionaries that have been in Zones that I led.  It's so cool to see them and how they have changed.  Crazy.  This really is a gospel of change.

An update on the people we are teaching!  We are still meeting with Katie and she is just the best.  We have been talking a lot about the temple with her and hopefully she will be going this next week.  She is SO excited to go to the temple!!
Andrea is incredible as well.  Seeing how much she has changed and progressed is just astounding.  Brilliant really.  She stopped drinking coffee on her own and so quickly too!  Of course her sisters being recent converts have been a huge support!  Her Mom even flew from Spain to London to watch her baptism tomorrow!  We are so excited for her!!!  It's going to be an amazing day.

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the Earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  Joseph was an instrument in God's hands in restoring so many precious and lost truths.  Priesthood, temples, the nature of God, and the Book of Mormon.  So many things that I don't know who I would be without.  I know this is the Lord's work.  I am so eternally grateful to be anxiously engaged in this cause.  I can't believe that I am going into my last transfer as a full time missionary.  It makes me sad, but I have never wanted more to give my everything while I can.  

Love you so much Mom!

Elder Draper



















No comments:

Post a Comment