Monday, June 5, 2017

The Power of Sincere Prayer

Heya!

This week has been crazy!

We spent a lot of time in Ilford this week.  Mostly for District Meeting and Exchanges.  One time, we were doing a TTI to a man and he was explaining the Sikh religion to us.  Then all of the sudden he was like... "I'll show you!"  So he took with his chauffeur and took is to the Sikh temple.  It was quite the experience.  We had to take our shoes off and cover our heads.  We looked like pirates... but that's beside the point.  It was super interesting!  Sikh people are super peaceful and a lovely people.  In the temple it felt calm... slightly awkward, and I could tell the Spirit wasn't there.  So I just prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for having the Restored Gospel in my life and that I know for myself that Sikhism is not for me. Other than that, we are doing fantastic here!  Our friends Senessie,
Katie, and Maxine are doing well.  We got to do a mission wide fast. It was incredible.  President Stevens is just amazing.  It blows my mind how in tune with the Spirit he is. We also found out that D. Todd Christofferson is coming to visit our mission!  That is exciting! Something I really have felt this week is the power of sincere prayer. I know that as we diligently and sincerely seek our Fathers council and guidance he will give it to us.  He loves us SO MUCH! I know that Jesus Christ Lives!

Have an amazing week!

Elder Draper








No comments:

Post a Comment