Monday, December 12, 2016

Jingle Bells

It's kind of funny, because before my mission I never really appreciated Christmas music.  Man!  It is SO good.  I really gotta hand it to my boy Micheal Bublé... he's got some pipes.  It's the small things that make a big difference.  Okay, now lets get back to the important things.

This week has been pretty interesting.  We had our Zone Meeting, so we got together and had some really amazing trainings on how we can help our friends progress, repent, and eventually enter into a covenant with God.  It was really good.  There are many amazing missionaries in this Zone!  There's a few from my MTC group as well, so it was so much fun seeing them again!

This Christmas season is just so incredible.  A time where we can really focus on what Christ did for us.  My mission President sent out a talk for us to study called "The Wondrous and True story of Christmas" by President Hinckley.  It was amazing.  I encourage all of you to read it.  It is one of the best talks about Christ and his Atonement that I have ever read.

We saw an amazing tender mercy as well.  We went to a lesson with our friend named Wycliff, and when he showed up he brought his friend Liam.  It turns out that Liam was one of the first people that Elder Botta (Zhaun-Paul's companion) taught in this area.  He wasn't ready to make changes in his life 3 months ago, but he is now really excited to learn more and make those changes in his life.  They both came to church yesterday and are working toward baptism in January!

I love being a missionary.  I love the people of England.  I love this time of year when we can focus on what's important in life.  I know that because of Christ death has no sting, and the grave has no victory.  I hope you all have an amazing week!

Love you!
Elder Draper
PS Check out this England fog!




No comments:

Post a Comment